We would like to inform you that in the last week, we published the new OXID eFire extension PayPal, that was developed with the grateful help from PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A. and is a complete overhaul in comparison to the former OXID eFire portlet.
What’s new in this version?
First off – the licensing. The PayPal module 3.0 comes under a commercial license for our commercial products OXID eShop Enterprise and Professional Edition including support and warranty. The same piece of software is licensed under GPLv3 for our open sourced OXID eShop Community Edition.
With this new module a connection to or registration with the OXID eFire platform is not longer necessary; it is a standalone module that only has to be installed in your shop environment. And of course, PayPal 3.0 is completely encapsulated as a module, no worries about upcoming shop updates 🙂
The soon-to-release OXID eShop versions 4.8 and 5.1 (presently available as release candidates) will already contain the module PayPal 3.0 in their standard delivery. If you want to use this extension, simply activate it, if not – just no activation needed. It is safe to remove the files from the module folder if you don’t want to use this feature.
Online merchants and developers who run present or older OXID eShop versions will have to download PayPal 3.0 from OXID eXchange first, copy the files to the module folder and activate this function.
- PayPal is available as a regular payment method in the appropriate checkout step.
- PayPal express is already included at the checkout (registration step), at the so called “mini cart” and at the product detail pages.
- The module is highly customizable through many options at the admin panel, for example the step to transfer the money (at the order date or on delivery).
- Options are adjustable in different ways for each multishop (OXID eShop Enterprise Edition only).
- The payment page at PayPal can be customized by your own logo and the name of your online store.
- If you wish, you can transfer the content of the cart (purchased product items) to PayPal. Your customer has to decide whether this data shall be transferred or not.
- Partial payment is possible.
- The admin panel provides an overview of the PayPal payments per order.
For more information about the features, on how to customize the module or how to adjust the options, please see the documentation delivered inside the module package.
Please note that the release of this module is an addition to the remaining OXID eFire PayPal portlet. Also, this module now can be installed by international users regardless of their German know-how.
Download your free copy of the new OXID eFire extension PayPal today and let us know how it is running!