Last week we proudly published the new versions OXID eShop Enterprise Edition 5.0 and OXID eShop Professional and Community Edition 4.7.
Intrigued why the versioning was split? Basically, we decided to focus feature-wise on Enterprise Edition especially to serve clients with high load scenarios, as well as with the need for enhanced scalability. Of course both, Professional and Community Editions benefit from the essential software changes, for example in the framework and core, as well.
These are the features and improvements in detail:
- Improved caching system (Enterprise Edition only)
– Completely revamped cache manager
– Varnish reverse proxy
– support Memcached
- Master / Slave capability (Enterprise Edition only)
- Checkout compliance (AKA German “Button solution”)
- Implementation of the EU cookie guidelines
- Removed Basic theme
- Replaced Zend Platform by Zend Server support
- Refactored the bootstrap process
- Introduced a new file structure
- Introduced an external file for own configuration options
- New module events defined in meta data
If you want to gather more information about this version, please read on, on the page What’s New. You’ll find even more technical information and links to tutorials on how to install, update, and some new functionality on OXIDforge. The demoshop and most other relevant pages and sources have already been updated.